Bath Christmas Shopping – Top Tips
Tuesday, 1st December 2020
Regardless of how you attack that Christmas shopping list there’s no denying that the season is underway. But fear not, because Bath Christmas shopping offers plenty of excellent options certain to mean you race through that list eventually emerging as winner on the big day. With only the big fella himself able to do better!
Bath’s shopping streets have some high street favourites with its incredible independent offering that marks Bath’s shopping experience out as exceptional and with the Christmas Market online this year it is time to seek out those independent shops.
Here is our guide to Bath Christmas shopping in 2020 and the best independent shops
The independent Bath Christmas shopping offering is special, so if you are looking for a stand-out gifts then the chances are it is almost probably somewhere here in Bath.
- Walcot Street; Visit the Salcombe Trading, Neptune, Farrow & Ball, Graham & Green, or Avienda Home for gorgeous homewares. Check out the wonderful vintage store The Yellow Shop for all preloved fashion lovers.
- But don’t stop there, continue on to London Road for more interior inspiration. Add Pencil Tree and Mebyl to your must-visit list.
- Bartlett Street, at the top of Milsom Street there are yet more incredible independents to be discovered. Check out high-end ladies fashions from Blue Women’s Clothing (inside The Loft eaterie), Bibico (for organic fabrics) and trendy Toast. Check out Sassy & Boo for bright prints and accessories.
- If you head past the Circus, and right before you reach the Royal Crescent you’ll find, Margaret Buildings. A select group of unusual off the beaten track indies. Uber holds European clothes and accessories for men and women, Alexandra May has the widest collection of limited-edition, unique and costume jewellery anywhere in Bath. Bath Old Books and Beau Nash (for antique silver-wear) are both worth the short walk, as are the views! Add new arrival 8 Holland Street to your must-visit too, for art, textiles and furniture.
- Centrally, George Street/Milsom Street offers Vintage to Vogue, Grace & Mabel, Portman Bath (faux furs, and sparkly trinkets) and in Milsom Place you can catch shoe designer Chanii-B (not to be missed). Top top tip, whilst you’re there reward your efforts at Le Vignoble a cool wine bar with excellent sharing plates.
- Bath has two wonderful independent book shops that should definitely be on your list, Mr. B’s Emporium and Toppings. Whilst Broad Street is home to Rossiters (a family run department store) and ladie’s boutique Boho. Stop at specialist magazine shop Magalleria too.
- The Dressing Room has beautiful underwear and swimwear, and Loake on Green Street the most gorgeous men’s brogues. Don’t miss boutique Square on New Bond Street for designer fashion.
- The corridor area boasts bespoke commission Nicholas Wylde jewellers, Running Bath alongside Neals Yard for addictive health and beauty products. It’s also where you’ll find many a seasonal pop up so it’s always worth a look. The Guildhall Market too provides inspiration for stockings and gifts and is a cut through to Pulteney Bridge boasting its own showcase of independent Bath talent. Or take in Mallorys for exquisite watches and jewellery.
- Be sure to find Up To Seven, children’s knitwear, family run John Moore Sports and Instagrammers favourite Found on Argye Street just over famed Pulteney Bridge. Just a short stop away is Independent Spirt for all malt whiskies, craft beers and gin (yes gin!!) aficionados.
- Kingsmead Square area is home to the Green Park Station hosting many antique or vintage fair across the months whilst Grace & Ted has pre-owned designer labels meticulously curated. Try Comins tea for the tea snob in your life and anyone of the excellent coffee houses for some re-hydrating and caffeinating; which-ever is the more urgent!
- Don’t miss At Sixes and Sevens on Abbey Green for more jokes and stocking -fillers, We’d also recommend My Small World in Southgate toughing it out their high street offering.
Happy Christmas shopping in Bath x